Unity Tutorial 06

Lesson 4.4

This lesson was a lot of fun to mess around with even though it was quick and simple to finish off. This lesson I was tasked with focusing on waves and adding a wave-like feature to the game. Basically, after the set number of enemies are killed the number of enemies spawning would increase with each round, also a new power-up would spawn each round. I think the biggest and most useful skill I learned this lesson was how to use For-loops and a new increment operator (++). I had a lot of fun testing my self and the game by seeing how many enemies I could have spawned in before I got overrun and either die or get stuck on all the enemies.

Challenge 4

This challenge was a little more difficult than the last, I was more confused about what the game was trying to achieve than how to fix the game/code. I somehow magically managed to complete the bonus challenges too which I ended up bringing across over to the prototype and testing the “turbo-boost” feature which was quite unique. All in all, I learned a few new techniques from this challenge and brought them over to my game/previous lesson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An introduction to... me?

Game Design

Game Idea Research