Unity Tutorial 07

Lesson 4.1

Within lesson 4.1 I attempted to give the player a way to give horizontal input in which the camera would turn either left or right depending on the input, after that I focused on achieving a way for the player to roll for forward or backwards depending on the direction of the camera. I learnt a few new skills but nothing crazy this lesson, applying textures, getting the direction of another game object and messing around with global and local coordinates were really all I did.


Lesson 4.2

Now this lesson focused on the enemy spawn system and its functionality, first I made it so the enemy spawns at a random location on the island then working on making the enemy follow the player and therefore trying to push it off the island, finally, I applied a bounce force to the spheres for when they hit each other. Physics materials were fun to mess around with I can see it being useful for having your programming recognising what surface it's on or what sounds/actions to play, I defined some vectors in a 3D space which was interesting too.

 

Lesson 4.3

Now the final lesson, this lesson was mainly on the topic of the power-up system and allowing the player to pick up a power which in turn would give extra force to its bounce in the circumstances that it collided with the enemy sphere. The last thing I did was apply a timer of 7 seconds in which the power lasted on the player as to not make it too overpowered. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An introduction to... me?

Game Design

Game Idea Research