Review Week Comments and Feedback

 Since the beginning of the module I’ve loved the whole concept of leaving and receiving comments on class mates blog posts as it improves both relations within the class and helps make getting to know each other a lot easier but it also always us to experience honest criticism and help improve each other’s work. Personally, I loved leaving comments on peoples work especially people I had never even spoken too before, I think it gave me an opportunity to open up a conversation and you have none of that awkwardness which comes with an in-person conversation so that’s a major plus.

Feedback is key!

I loved the comments I received on my introduction blog post and on my first game ideas blog post where people gave me feedback on which idea stood out to them the most. It's useful having a group of individuals who can quickly point out your flaws/pros within your work and give you feedback on improving or continuation of said work, kind of like having your own personal beta testers for a game, they read over what I’ve come up with and review it for me, giving me that outside point of view on my own ideas which is very helpful especially in game development. In relation to the feedback I gave on my fellow students work, well Id personally like to say it's my greatest achievement this semester, but I am sure that is up to debate. Id like to think I came across honest and as friendly as possible when making my comments, while I tried to be “professional” like all my other fellow students, I also wanted to be… well me and wanted to sound like me. I just commented on how I would speak normally I wanted it to sound like an actual conversation so maybe people might reply. I think I enjoyed leaving comment more than receiving them and I loved talking to random people about their strange hobbies, or interests in music. Blog comments have really given me a great escape from the stress of which comes with the work during this semester and I am grateful that it was part of the task during each week.

Looking forward I am excited to use blogger more in my future endeavours whether I become a big-time blogger or not I am slowly falling in love with the idea of keeping track of my thoughts and learnings. On the topic of feedback, I need more! You can never have enough feedback and I’m always asking my friends and family how this looks or functions and begging for responses, I think in the future we should promote more usage of the comment section and giving feedback to fellow students, but I know that Shuen already does and has promoted it on a number of occasions. I’m happy with how my blog looks and how it runs, I used to mess around with a lot of the features back in year 1 of college so I’m used to a lot of the customisation of blogger, but who knows maybe ill complete reinvent myself someday, how about… Gavin’s Cooking Blog now that could be interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An introduction to... me?

Game Design

Game Idea Research