Unity Tutorial 01

 Today I began my journey into the 2D world! I began by looking and following along with a tutorial from Unity called Ruby’s Adventure 2D Beginner, so far, the tutorial has been great. At first, I was not a fan as I released there were no video tutorials for this project and I had a lot of reading ahead of me, but it could be fun. The first section for this tutorial was a recap on unity tools/utilities on its editors, I did not spend to much time looking at this section as I remember almost everything from last months work. After looking back on how to use the editor it was time to get into the coding side of the tutorial, I began by firstly adding Ruby into the game as a PNG/sprite. After doing so I needed to make a script to allow for movement along with the tiles, just needed to add keyboard input in the next section. Section 3 was quite heavy in its code, a lot of reading here and having to go back and forth from the tutorial page to my program, Once I had gotten my character moving though everything eased up.

Probably the most fun part of this tutorial was the Tilemap making where I learnt all about making 2d mapping, the freedom with this tutorial a lot better than other tutorials, I enjoyed making/designing my own map and painting the scene. Id says the one thing I disliked about this the tutorial section was the instructions once again it’s a lot of reading over video tutorials.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An introduction to... me?

Game Design

Game Idea Research