Unity Tutorial 05

Animation of Running Jump

Lesson 3.1

This lesson I learned a lot more about player movement and most importantly about creating continuously generated terrain/images to mimic movement in a game. I worked on creating an empty game object which helped spawn in obstacles at certain intervals. I messed around with a lot of the physic's and gravity mechanics during this lesson too but the most notable thing I learned was most likely the use of Booleans and OnCollisionEnter() lines within the scripts, they seem really useful for coding later on in the project.


Lesson 3.2

So something that was bothering myself after lesson 3.1 was that the game had no end to it, if the player did collide with an obstacle, he/she would simply continuing going forward. To stop this I coded it so that when the player collides with an obstacle the whole game stops, I made it so the background stops too, obstacles stop spawning and also now obstacles don't continue to spawn in off the screen so once they leave out of bounds they despawn. 


Lesson 3.3

This lesson has by far been my favourite so far, I really enjoyed learning about the different animations and how to call or transfer over to different animations. I learned a lot about animation controllers and programing animations with parameters. I learnt some new code too such as SetTrigger() and SetBool() which could come in handy later in the module.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An introduction to... me?

Game Design

Game Idea Research