Project Prototype – Containment

 

flashlight/sprint feature

After spending a good few hrs, I am happy with what I have achieved so far within my prototype for my game. I gave myself goals before I began working on my project so that I could not lose focus or get confused on what I was working on day by day, Today I was working on features that revolved around the player such as player movement, the flashlight system and how the player can interact with an object/an inventory system for the player. I figured getting these key features out of the way would allow me to then focus on the enemy AI in my next project build.

I first began by making a simple practice map using pro builder, the reason for this was so I could practice the player's movement within the environment and see how it reacts to certain object such as stairs, angles, jumping, crouching etc. After making a nice demo room, I began making/editing the first-person feature. I found a great tutorial online for first-person which gave me an insane number of features in which I could edit to change how the players movement worked. I messed around with the jump force/gravity of my environment as I did not want the player jumping to insane heights, after doing so I began working on a sprint feature which had a cooldown effect bar and showed at the bottom of the player screen so the player could know how much longer they can sprint for before they run out.

Now it was time to work on a flashlight, I went onto the unity asset store and found a great free flashlight assist in which I could use, I positioned it accordingly and changed the lighting effect it gave, now I needed program a system in which the player could put batteries into the flashlight to change its intensity. Basically, I wanted to give a few extra features the flashlight, an on/off system, a battery system, and finally, a system in which it runs out of power over time. Batteries can be added to the flashlight by hitting “R” and it will increase the current power of the flashlight to its max. I found a good tutorial for allowing the player to interact/pick up items on the ground and as such I made a battery prefab and gave an inventory system which was simple enough.

Comments

  1. Wow your game looks great makes me think mine is rubbish I cant even get the animations to work. If you used tutorials to help you please leave me some of the links to me. But ya your game looks amazing cant wait to see it when its done. I like how you have gone into detail about what you have accomplished so far in creating you game and what assets you used to do so.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An introduction to... me?

Game Design

Game Idea Research